Medical Doctor – Pediatrics (Merced/Stanislaus County)
Pediatrician for Golden Valley Health Centers in Modesto, California. Send CV to Jacklyn W. Zimmerman, Golden Valley Health Centers, 737 W. Childs Ave., Merced, CA 95341.
Position: Medical Doctor – Pediatrics
The pediatrician is responsible for providing quality comprehensive primary pediatric health care services. Care is to be provided from a community oriented and case managed perspective. As a member of both the General and Clinic Medical Staff the pediatrician is to be a key participant in ongoing quality assurance, planning, and community networking activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct primary outpatient care at least 40 hours per work.
- Comprehensive, ongoing, and family oriented pediatric care.
- Compliance with GOLDEN VALLEY HEALTH CENTERS’ personnel policies, clinical protocols, Principles of Practice, and Physician Assistant Supervision Agreement.
- Participate in GOLDEN VALLEY HEALTH CENTERS’ Quality Assurance and peer review program, including participation on the Staff Performance Audit Committee.
- Attend and participate in General Medical Staff meetings and other assigned committee activities.
- Maintain active staff hospital privileges at local hospitals and share on call and hospitalization responsibilities with other physicians whenever feasible.
- Maintain active membership in County Medical Society and California Medical Association.
- Serve as a physician assistant supervisor and as a preceptor to clinicians in training whenever requested to do so.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push up to 100 pounds (on wheels).
- Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to clients and staff.
- Must have vision with or without lenses that is adequate to read memos, a computer screen, personnel forms and clinical and administrative documents.
- Must have high manual dexterity.
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouching, reaching, kneeling, twisting/turning, fingering and feeling.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school.
Training and Experience:
- California Medical License valid.
- DEA Certificate.
- CPR Certificate.
- Board Certification within 3yrs. of employment.
Satisfactory completion of an accredited residency training program with Board eligibility.