Benefits of MAT
- More likely that you will be successful in your recovery
- Less likely that you will feel the dangerous effects of withdrawal
- Lowers your risk of overdosing
- Lowers your risk of dying from opioid use
MEDICATION-ASSISTED TREATMENT PROGRAM (MAT) FOR OPIOID USE DISORDER
The MAT Program can help you recover from opioid addiction through a combination of medication and counseling. Our goal is to treat withdrawal, prevent relapse and help you get back to a healthier life. MAT is safe and works well for most people. You are unique, so your care plan will be built just for you. Some people need this help for short periods of time while other people may need help for years. We are here to be a part of your recovery no matter how long you need care. We are here to help you get the recovery you deserve.
Overview Of THE M.A.T. Program
MAT has proved to be clinically effective and to significantly reduce the need for inpatient detoxification services for these individuals. MAT provides a more comprehensive, individually tailored program of medication and behavioral therapy that address the needs of most patients.
The ultimate goal of MAT is full recovery, including the ability to live a self-directed life. This treatment approach has been shown to:
- Improve patient survival
- Increase retention in treatment
- Decrease illicit opiate use and other criminal activity among people with substance use disorders
- Increase patients’ ability to gain and maintain employment
- Improve birth outcomes among women who have substance use disorders and are pregnant
Research also shows that these medications and therapies can contribute to lowering a person’s risk of contracting HIV or hepatitis C by reducing the potential for relapse. Learn more about substance misuse and how it relates to HIV, AIDS, and Viral Hepatitis.
Rewards And Certificates of Completion
We recognize the individual accomplishment every step of the way, because we understand how important it is.
OTHER Behavioral Health SERVICES ARE OFfered at these Locations:
Not the Location You’re Looking for?
Use our Search Tool to find a clinic near you.