The holiday season is widely known as the “most wonderful time of the year,” but for some, it can be a stressful time.
Stress symptoms during the holidays are similar to stress at any other time of year. They can include the following:
- Body aches
- Inability to sleep
- Poor diet
Here are seven tips for managing holiday stress.
Exercise and take breaks.
15 minutes may be just what you need to refresh yourself. Meditation or some deep breathing techniques can help. Exercise is a great stress reliever. Daily sunlight can dramatically improve your mood.
Prioritize your time & plan.
It’s crucial to understand that you may not be able to do everything you want, so pick and choose the things that you can accomplish and enjoy. Also, it’s a good idea to schedule specific days for shopping, cooking, and visiting. Planning your menu as well.
Shop without anxiety.
Remember that it’s the thought that counts. Create and stick to a shopping budget, so the holiday bills don’t linger after the tinsel is gone.
Ask for help.
Getting everyone involved in the holiday preparations may alleviate the stress of doing it all on your own.
Put it all in perspective.
What does the holiday mean to you and your family? The typical answer to this question is time together, religious observance, reflection on your life, and future goals. Let these keep things in perspective.
Seek professional help if necessary.
Anxiety and depression peak during the holiday season. From your primary care physician, mental health professional, or chiropractor, support is available.
Chiropractic Care for holiday stress
Schedule a Chiropractic appointment with Golden Valley Health Centers (GVHC)! You may be surprised how much GVHC’s Chiropractic services can help relieve stress during the holiday season. Here are five ways Chiropractors can help you relieve some stress.
- Chiropractors perform spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustments to improve spinal function and alleviate stress on your system.
- Chiropractors can release muscle tension, which can cause the spinal column to become misaligned, helping the body return to a more relaxed state.
- Spinal nerve irritation and improved blood circulation can be reduced with chiropractic adjustments.
- Chiropractors provide nutritional advice as well. They often recommend a change in diet or the addition of vitamins and nutritional supplements, such as B complex vitamins, to help the body cope with stress.
- Offer advice on posture, ergonomics, environmental changes, exercises, and relaxation techniques.
Golden Valley Health Centers takes pride in offering the Chiropractic services needed to not just get you through the holidays, but help you enjoy them. Relieve some of your holiday stress and schedule your Chiropractic appointment by calling (209)722-GVHC.