GVHC Location: Merced / Stanislaus County
Status : Open
The Dental Services Program is responsible for the delivery of quality dental services in the context of our integrated medical-dental ambulatory setting.
The Staff Dentist is responsible for providing (as appropriate) general dental services and will assist in establishing standards of dental service and developing organizational plans to carry out a team approach to comprehensive dental, medical, and nutritional service. The Staff Dentist reports to the Dental Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Staff Dentist is primarily responsible for the delivery of complete dental care with an emphasis on prevention and patient education. Treatment will involve virtually all aspects of clinical dentistry including periodontics, pedodontics, oral surgery, restorative, fixed and removable prosthetics, and endodontic.
- The Staff Dentist must be able to work with and secure the cooperation of a wide variety of patients and employees.
- Assist the Dental Clinic Manager in the development of clinical protocols and procedures, including preventive dentistry and oral health education.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Adherence to GVHC rules and policies.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited dental school. Must have a license to practice in California.
- Authorize knowledge of the principles, practice and techniques of dentistry. Special knowledge in the prevention aspects of oral health and its related techniques and procedures. Experience and understanding of dental health education methods. Basic understanding of nutrition.
- Training and Experience:
- Training and Experience: Professional experience in clinical dentistry preferable.
- Experience in working or desire to work in rural community setting with many ethnic groups.
Ability to converse with Spanish-speaking patients desirable.